Sunday, March 29, 2009

Palo Alto Yoga and Life

Sunday was my first day of teaching Ashtanga Mysore style here in Palo Alto. I am enjoying my new life greatly. Early morning wake ups with a practice that leads to teaching a class. Some other classes through the day, like the class of the young mommy’s, lots of cooking, reading and studying further in the realm of yoga, nutrition and blissful living.

I just returned from a long walk around the neighborhood. Private homes with many different styles, some look more Mexican influenced, some Euro country, some modern and others the classic American. In common they have well maintained gardens. Whatever style, the clean front lawn or the more hidden garden with paths and trees, the slightly Asian with Japanese maples or a little fountain, I am blessed to enjoy all of these as I stroll in the mostly empty streets with only the occasional father jogging after his little daughter riding a pink bicycle.

My home is a back house of another old house, simple, with beautiful wooden floors, a large kitchen, my own bedroom and living room. I feel rich having all this for myself. No roommate, no neighbors bellow or above, what more could I ask for?

Sometimes I wonder how people end up anywhere but NY or SF, or maybe Paris…and I smile when I think of the sequence of events that led me here. A brother in a random place like Menlo Park helps, a yoga practice, some residency...

I am grateful for Heleen and Adarsh that allowed me this opportunity, for the Yoga students that allow me to teach, and for the sun that is one more cause for all this blossom around.

No comments: